Thursday, July 23, 2009

Not Black anymore

Hello all! I am excited to say that I think the black thumb curse is gone thanks to miracle grow and a whole packet of seeds (2 packages actually) See so wade and I got really excited about having home grown cilantro and other herbs last year so we bought a 2 packets of seeds and a bag of miracle grow.. time passed 1 year and 2 months later we still had them sitting in our garage. I decided one day to try our my planting skills and finally rid myself of the guilt I felt every time I saw the sad seeds still in their packets. I dumped in the dirt and decided to just dump both packets of seeds (cilantro and something else?? maybe basil or parsley?) into the dirt and cover it. I dumped in some water and expected very little from my year old seeds and dirt. I check 4 days later and I see little buds sticking up.. 7 days later and they looked like a little afro of green... and now 2 weeks later here are my beautiful cilantro plants. The other seed take 21 days to sprout. I am not really sure what will happen then and I have no idea if I will be able to tell them apart or if there will be some sort of mutant herb but I love it still the same. Anyone up for some salsa at the end of summer? I smell a fiesta coming on.

2 comments:

the h fam. said...

i'm proud!! i can't keep anything alive, so mutant herbs or not, job well done!!

Anna-Lisa said...

I love cilantro! One time I was growing it on my back porch...it was so tall and I commented on it one night. The next morning it was gone, some animal had taken it. He left the basil though!